View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 01:08 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
While the rest of the country tends to think of the northeast as being always cold , every so often even here the heat vents of Hell open up and we roast pretty much like the rest of ya . Only difference is on average we get maybe 20 or so days of this each Summer , VS the southern states that roast pretty much all Summer long .
I live in northeastern Ohio, 30 miles east of Cleveland, which often gets very hot weather this time of year. This summer has been very hot and humid here so far, with temperatures in the 80s and lower 90s; fortunately, I live in an apartment building with central air, so the heat doesn't bother me as long as I don't go outside during the day for any length of time. If I have things to do outside my apartment (taking out trash, etc.) I always wait until at least seven or eight o'clock or so, when the heat is not nearly as bad.

I like summertime, as it is my favorite time of year (I was born in the middle of the summer of 1956, which has a lot to do with it), but gee whiz, this beastly hot weather we've been seeing here this summer is too much. I guess I should enjoy it while I can, though, because it won't be long before it gets colder than the proverbial iceberg and the snow starts. This region can and does get some bad snowstorms (how can I ever forget the Blizzard of 1978, in which the entire Cleveland area and other parts of the country were snowed in for days or weeks), but not nearly as bad as Buffalo and Syracuse, New York, so I guess I should count my blessings.

Oh well, that's life in the Great Lakes region of this country, like it or not. I've been here all my life and am used to it by now. Goodness knows I don't like it, but that's the way our weather is in the winter.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.