View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have to agree with you I don't know why so many people trashed Good Working CRT Televisions for the Flat Screens? As for tv signals, I live in a rural area and we get real good reception through the use of our converter box. We get stations now that we couldn't get through Analog. The closest station to us is 90 miles. We getsome stations that are over 100 miles away. I didn't buy and expensive antenna either. I bought one for around $38 and put it up on a tv pole. I also installed a rotor and control box and that helps alot with getting the best signals. I won't subscribe to satellite tv as it can become way too expensive. Also, don't watch that much tv anyways. I would love to see the day when CRT Consoles and TableTops come back but I am sure that isn't very likely. My folks always had a Console TV and I plan to keep using one as well. The only difference with theirs and my console is they didn't have to worry about the little converter box to select the channels. By the way, we still have that TV that I grew up with and it still works great. We had to have a new main board(module) put in April of this year, but other than that we had never done anything to it. It did get used alot too as when my sister was living at home she always had the TV on so it seemed!!!