View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
Welcome to the Forum! You did very well saving that Zenith from being murdered. If you're going to get into color TV, I highly recommend getting a good CRT tester, I use a Sencore CR70, and I love it. A receiving tube tester is also invaluable. I use a B&K 667, and it does the job well. I've solved many a problem in my tube sets, just by tracking down faulty tubes. A color NTSC generator is also a must. Near impossible to do good dynamic convergence without it. I use a Sencore VG91, and I love it also. Hope you get the Zenith running! Lot's of good assistance here. Be careful! They multiply!
since I've moved to a house with more space they seem to be finding me - it's honestly a money issue, i do what i can with what i have but i cant afford a bunch of the specific equipment i need

and like i said - i need someone to hold my hand on color sets, especially lacking a schematic or 90% of the knowledge many here have - someone had to tell me i could replace the belfuse with a pigtail - now how do i fix the vertical lol