View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:45 AM
RCA 741PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
TV room on the first floor and radio room on the third floor, looks great Bob. That easy access from garage to basement is fantastic!!!

Change all those standard Leviton switches to 1920's pushbutton types with brass plates, now that's original. The receptacles, where you do not have a ground wire to the box, can be changed to GFCI type. A 200 amp service panel will give you more breaker pole space but the meter base and service cable outside will need to be changed also. Since load is not being increased, it may not be worth it. That is still a good 100 amp panel.

Your house is old enough to have been heated with coal, so maybe the area under the front porch had a coal chute coming in.

No, third floor unless you mean the attic Yes, it's so much easier to move stuff into this place

Not sure what I'll do about the electrical situation. First up I think I'll have a crack in the foundation repaired then maybe some plumping issues. I'll be doing some painting too.

The spare first floor bedroom is going to be my display area for now. Only have a few radios in there so far. I'll be doing some swapping around to see what works in there. Need to install some shelves too.
I don't want to cram it so full they can't be enjoyed.

Put a few more sets into storage and still have more to go. Moving the big stuff into the house on Sunday with the help of a friend and a moving truck.