View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco-nix View Post
well . fake or not , I'm not sure what you say is a good thing for anyone, man ... Do not talk too much to say nothing . when you find a TV that pleases us, whether manufactured in the US or Canada...
Wow, I can't believe that 10-month old post is finally being rebuked. What took you so long?

Anyway, my interpretation of Olorin67's post is very similar to Tom's. The guy doesn't like that style of cabinetry, and the US & Canadians both had the gall to build them against his wishes.

But that's just his opinion, and it if isn't the same as yours, it's still no big deal. It wasn't an insult to the Canadians, as it put them on par with Americans like himself. Or did you think he was insulting both Americans & Canadians? If he was, shame on him. But I know him, and he was not intending to hurt anyone's feelings, nor did he intend to insult Canadians.

But back in the day those sets were being built, a lot of people did appreciate that style, verified by the number that were sold and still exist. That just shows a large percentage of Americans & Canadians both had poor taste in the day.

Now for my honest opinion: I agree with Olorin67; I think those sets are ugly.