View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 06:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
When I said that I was thinking of an actual chassis ground connection and yes I do know how to read a schematic but like I said, when he said "ground connection" I was thinking he meant a physical chassis ground connection, not B- connection.

Also how would of that ground connection of just suddenly broke when it was working just fine previously?

All I touched in this radio was the capacitors I never touched any of the wiring.
Ok , so we've got the "ground" and "B-" thing worked out , great .

Now , just know that while you didn't purposefully touch any wiring that doesn't mean a wire couldn't have got bumped or nudged as you were changing your capacitors . Your best troubleshooting clue that you've given us here is that the volume control worked before you changed the capacitors , that in itself is telling you to check the installation of those new caps very carefully , it's all too easy to make a mistake and sometimes it's not easy to spot a mistake we have ourselves made (a great reason for having at least one electronics savvy friend who might spot something you've missed) ...