View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi everyone,

I am very happy to announce that I have just acquired a WORKING Indextron in very good condition. This will be the bookend twin to the Indextron that I acquired last year that does not power on due to the fact that the main circuit board has a few damaged traces from 2 capacitors that leaked way back when. I do intend to repair this set, and do a complete recap job on both sets, when I can set aside some quality time to devote my complete attention to the job.

I decided to power up the set because the seller said that he was watching a movie on it just prior to posting it for sale, so if any damage was done, it would have been done at that time. The picture is excellent - I have posted some screen shots, but I had trouble getting nice clear pictures.

I am not going to use the set anymore until I can open it up to see if there are any issues with the capacitors, but there is no ammonia or capacitor oil smell coming out of the vents.

I also think that I am going to replace the old style transformer power supplies with new style switching power supplies like the ones used for LCD monitors because it will give the set cleaner power.

I also would like to thank Jerome Halphen for all his help - very much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_3811.jpg (22.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 101B3841.jpg (22.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 101B3951.jpg (22.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 101B3971.jpg (24.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 101B4020.jpg (23.4 KB, 58 views)