Thread: Sinclair mtv1
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 03:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
You have certainly gone where I have not gone before. Could you perhaps post a pix of the inside of the tuner box? I have not had the guts to take one apart yet.

jr

Question: Are you working on the UHF tuner module box or the VHF tuner (under the low shield cover).
Yes I was working on the vhf the short box and yes it's like brain surgery I would not recommend anyone do this. I hooked up a DVD player and got a picture and was able to see what it was so while I had the chance I used a very thin flat screw driver to adjust the focus, and attempted to lower the line amp because of horiz lines and it turned out that where the pot is , is almost impossible to get between without touching the other and the worst happened as careful as I was it touched the other pot next to the line amp pot and the pic flickered and now I have bearly and brightness, I can see the pic but with the light off. So this project is probably going on the shelf and maybe if I find another I could use this for parts. Well live and learn I'll know better with another one.
Audiokarma