View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You will probably need to readjust the G2s after changing the drive taps since they interact. Always finish with by adjusting the G2s for a dim white service line.

There is definitely a vertical size adjustment, but there might not be a width adjustment. It's not unusual (and considered normal) for there to be up to 20% horizontal over scan. Be sure to adjust the size before the convergence since they do interact.
I'm getting the CRT tester and the pattern generator today, so I can start the process of making sure the static convergence, purity and convergence is correct. Then I'll tackle the G2s again. I figure it'll take a few attempts. My other CC2 was a bit easier. It had a main G2 that I set for dim raster and then adjusted the color G2s with a b&w image. Didn't have the taps to deal with.

I'll looked over the SM again and found that on the vertical board there are two pots. One for size and one for linearity. Not sure what the second one does. Is it important to adjust that one while adjusting the size pot?

I didn't find a horizontal size adjustment.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650