View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 09:36 AM
M is for Memory

Voltage don't kill, Current kills....Voltage merely wakes you up and or triggers reflexes. A mean static jolt from walking across carpet can have as much voltage as a CRT set. It takes 30mA (0.03 Amps) to kill a healthy person the HV supply in a TV is designed to supply about 2mA max. Your more likely to harm your self from a jolt from the line cord than the HV. I've personally got bit by HV a few times and am still here to tell about it...Worst it's done to me is make my arm reflexively smash stuff pulling away from point of electrical contact, and some foul language slip.

As for the set, that may or may not be the shorting CRT era of Zenith if it is dump it when it quits....Hell most working CRT sets of the era can be had for under $5 at a thrift shop (granted some places *cough goodwill cough* don't take or sell them anymore) or free at the curb or craigslist, and unless the set has sentimental value, you know electronics repair well, or enjoy tinkering it literally is not worth your time to repair instead of replace.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4