View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Look for a red screen control inside the back....Turning it down slightly could fix the red issue. On a newer set it might be in a hidden service menu, and not a physical control.
I think it might have at least one hidden menu. I found a settings control menu that had a reference to GREEN on it. Strange that it was just for green but if I remember rightly, the PAL system had an indirect way of dealing with green. Although it didn't affect the clarity in general, on early sets large areas of green tended to be subdued.

For its age it's a remarkable set. It's extremely heavy (the size of the screw-heads on its stand should have warned me) and has 4 system settings; PAL, NTSC, SECAM and AUTOMATIC. There's a setting up menu for Dolby surround sound. I'm very cautious about hidden menus; having found the one with the system settings it took me ten minutes to find the way out.

I know that with modern flat screens ruling the world its market value is probably zero, but I'd like to get it working properly if I can so any advice would be most welcome. I don't know why but there's something about it. I don't remember ever seeing a true flat screen CRT set before.