View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 07:06 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Man, reading that almost makes my head hurt.

I still have a pair of parallel scars on my right arm from a bike accident that occurred around 1987. I tried speeding up to get past another kid who was just pulling out onto the sidewalk and T-boned him. The concrete steps I fell onto were literally in rough shape due to lack of maintenance, much like the rest of the building. I had another bike accident around 1996 that didn't leave any scars that I know of, but I was holding a Tim Horton's cappuccino in one hand and steering/braking with the other. My front wheel hit a rut on an unpaved path with a slight grade and over the handlebars I went. That caused a few cuts, scrapes and a bad mood, *but* I managed to not spill the drink.
Wow Impressive that you were able to hold your drink! I've had more accidents on two wheels than I can count/remember... I only once went over the handle bars...I was riding through the subdivision I lived in in Florida. There was a house where the driveway had this stupid brick fence next to it the road was 4' down from the side walk and the top pillar of the wall was an 5-10" brick lump barely noticeable on my left side. I was riding my delsol beach cruiser ( a new bike built to resemble a 1930s/40s Springer bike) which is rather low slung...my left pedal was down as I was coasting and it caught that stupid brick lump...In such a way that it pedaled for me.... the mechanical action was such that I experienced an instant of infinite acceleration followed by an instant of infinite deceleration.... none of it was perceived by me...I was instantly waist over the handle bars feet off the pedals seeing lots of color noise in my vision and somehow managed to coast on the still upright bike about 10' before falling over....I had no clue what hit me but it hit Hard.... inspection revealed the left pedal was destroyed and then I figured it out from there.... the owners of the house were lucky they weren't home...I had recently paid around $300 of my own money to buy that bike new(I was around 14 years old then and that was a huge investment to me then), and I was going to demand they pay for the damages... It probably took 15 min for the color noise to subside.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 09-22-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Audiokarma