View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Certifiable Audio Junkie

Ok, as a serious treckie who has see envery episode of Start Treck ever (but never been to any convention, I am proud to say), I need to chime in here.

I partially agree with many of you: TNG was proabaly the best overall. However, you must sutract Seasons one an two from that, which were rather lame, in my opinion. That Leaves Seasons 3-6 as the best, and 1 & 2 (especially 1) as the worst.

A friend of mine called DS9 "Deep S**t Nine", and while I would not go that far, I really hated stupid soap-opera nature of the show. DS9 annoyed me by constantly focasing on the Cardasians, and Bjorans, who were both kind of lame, and annoying aliens IMO.

Voyager was proabaly the closest to the Original series. With the exception of Season 1, in which they constantly encounterd this one stupid alien, it was really quite good. And that show had one of the best Star Trek characters ever (second only to Spock IMO) Seven of Nine!

Enterprise was pretty good too, but I think that the name, and the stupid theme music killed it. They were trying to break away from the shackels of the Treck world a little too hard I think. But they still did pretty good job of it. It's too bad that it died a premature death.