View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 10:41 PM
M is for Memory

Well I'm reminded why I don't normally buy parts from Autozone...The $125 filler neck assembly was missing the hose section that connects it's end to the tank, AND one of it's brackets was welded on backwards making that bracket useless... I got it off, but now have nothing to install. Getting it off was hard too. I had to drill out the stinkin bracket behind the filler door because the remaining bolt had fused to the stud....Someone had tried to replace it previously when the bracket broke off the tube, but when they could not get the nut off the bracket they merely fixed the bracket with a hose clamp. I think I'm just going to buy the filler from a dealer, or a different parts store...What I've got just ain't worth making fit.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for the air suspension, though it could be an oncoming train...Not sure yet. It does have air suspension. The pump and or it's power wiring failed sometime ago, and the chosen solution was to cut the two air lines off of it, connect the lines from the bags to a T fitting (where one leg of the fitting is a conventional tire fill nozzle/valve) and pump it till ride height was correct....I broke the fill nozzle off the fitting by accident (there was some pressure left so there is hope it will hold air decently). I don't feel like (or rather can't afford) spending $500 on the correct pump right now so if it holds decent air for over 3 hours (the longest single drive time I can foresee till spring) then I'll get a ~$25 12V compressor and top off the suspension before drives (till I can afford to fix it better). If the bags/pipes don't leak I'll probably keep it air...I may replace the OEM pump with something else, and re-engineer the system with cheaper more reliable parts....half a grand for a pump that is smaller than an AA5 radio is completely nuts!

Worst case I'll have to do springs soon....

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 11-17-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Audiokarma