View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Assuming you get it powered up via careful investigation of polarity within the PSU board... The rest of the hookup is very straightforward. Three program out feeds, two preview feeds P/V...
Sync, subcarrier, blanking are looping inputs -- in via top, out to other stuff (or terminated 75 ohms) on the bottom. Likewise all the inputs are looping inputs (/L), with in at the top and out or term on the bottom. Tally is labeled. Chroma-key will need some research... but it's probably three or four pots to adjust things. They're on the front panel, so that's probably optional. External chroma key, downstream key might need some study too... but it's a vid input.

Effects out and black out on far left. I would guess effects is usually used internal to the switcher, but there may be circumstances it would need an output individually, I guess.

You'll need to find a sync generator to make things happen. And have all your sources timed to the switcher, which means no free-running DVD sources (unless it's the only one, and you sync to it...) I'm sure there are generic hook up charts for things like a Grass Valley 100 that would be similar you could use for reference.

That is, if it works.

If it doesn't, you can use it to control a spaceship or something...

Good luck!