Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Had something kind of similar happen to me recently. I found a car for sale that I liked, went and looked at it, and agreed to buy it. A few days later I came back, completed the deal, and LITERALLY 30 MINUTES LATER AS I WAS DRIVING HOME the check engine light came on. The car sounded normal and drove fine so I continued on my way, but not without spending the duration of the trip home wondering if I got ripped off. Turns out it was really no big deal, just a sensor in the emission control system. I had it checked by a mechanic and he couldn't find anything wrong. This was my first car purchase, and how I would have paid for major repairs I'm not sure. After a giving it some hammer on the highway and a few hundred miles of driving, no warning lights have returned. Bullet dodged.

Good luck, you found a really cool and unique car. This is one of the few 80s cars I wouldn't mind having, along with a Mercedes diesel of course. BTW what's under the hood? Wikipedia lists several engine options for this model.

Last edited by SpaceAge; 09-11-2018 at 06:20 PM.