Thread: Sad day
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmeplease View Post
It isnt too hard to find a CV for 2K west of the Mississippi but not rust free except cop models. I paid 1300 for my 1999 4 years ago. The ex-cop cars are newer and usually close to rust free but run or drive like crap and civilian cars run like a dream but have rust. If you buy a southern rust free one all the rubber will be fried from the heat but no rust. Its all give and take. I love mine and feel your pain. I plan to drive them as long as i can find one somewhere.
There you go, the ideal donor shell. Pick both cars clean and transfer everything from the LX Sport into the cop car shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Having been in the car parts business for 30 years, it's appalling how much money people end up spending on cars....and how much on today's cars can't be done without a lift and the correct computer diagnostic tools.

I decided to get off that train this past June and get something that will last for the next decade or more. As long I guard against rust, the rest of the car will never die
Now you're talkin' my man. New car train, stand by auto-destruct sequence, recognize voice pattern Jean-Luc Picard, authorization Alpha-Alpha three zero five.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-21-2018 at 04:56 PM.