Thread: Singer TV6U
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Yeah......Saw almost IMMEDIATELY it was all Mitsubishi inside. I hope nothing is wrong in that little bolt-on tuner underneath. It resembles just a Klondike Bar with wires coming out.....potted or sealed maybe? I assumed this is the UHF tuner, but there IS a selector in that bottom unit for VHF/UHF. It's quite obvious the VHF tuner is on the right side though in the main TV set.

I thought at first that if that unit underneath is seperated (looks like two small jacks are all that is between them)...that this set just becomes a VHF set, but have to look and see if that selector is simply a switch to one of those two jacks. I do know there is a seperate WEIRD connector for a UHF loop that I don't have in the back of that bottom piece.

Problem appears to be past both these tuners....no difference if switched to UHF or VHF. I'll know MUCH more when I get it home to where my pattern generators and stuff are. If I see nothing from my in-house transmitter, I'm gonna start looking around to see if I can poke just video/audio in somewhere for testing. I wanna see if I have other things to tend to in the picture geometry.

Last edited by AiboPet; 10-05-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Audiokarma