View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 06:50 AM
I love old stuff

Oh, this topic is good for Steven's heart.
I have some old German books. One from 1928 about Light and ilumination and other from 1943 (yes, 1943) about building electrical instalations for houses (they are mentioning phones too). From the 1943 I can see what Romanian copyed from Germans
In postwar Romania they used porcelain + ebonite to make scrwebases. Later they used only ebonite or plastic. But that ebonite was of good qualty, made to stand up for 100 light bulbs. After 1989 the imported a lot of crap.
At my maternal granparents there is the living room an multiple arm lamp (in Romanian they are called lustră (sg.) - lustre (pl.) ) dating from the '60's. The arms ome kind of Copper or painted iron ... those thing where made to last. I can see sometimes on windows old lustre, made before the '70's (or mid-'70's).
Here is an old ad. Banat is the region where the factory is (the old one was demolished, they built a new one):

Banat also means banned in Romanian.

At my paternal grandparents (from where I got the 'Telecolor') there was a kind of saucer-dish that is at my father now. Don't know if it or Romania origin or imported.
I have at the entrance hall/coridor a lamp that imitates a gas lamp. Bakelite or plastic fitting, but of good qualty.
Audiokarma