View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:

As to "true film quality in your own living room", who needs it?.......

.........As has been mentioned by others, much of today's TV programming was garbage in 4:3 standard definition; it is still garbage and worse in 16:9 HD. That won't change if and when 4K becomes the standard for video transmission; the technology may change, but until the TV studios in Hollywood start making better programming, television will still be as bad as it has always been if it doesn't get worse, as it will.............

.............Children are exposed to off-color language and violence every day of their lives on the streets, in public places, and so on; eliminating or curbing so-called "blue" language and violence on television is not going to "shield" children from what goes on in the real world.............

..........Please don't get me started on the problems the upstart video service Aereo is having as of late. I recently read online, in a TV-industry newsletter I get in my email daily, that the very future of the CBS television network may depend on the success or failure of Aereo as a TV program source. Indeed, the other networks could be forced into oblivion as well if Aereo wins its court battles and CBS disappears............

I have to say I agree with Jeffhs on this stuff, TV programing sucks. And seeing it in higher definition will just give people other stuff to talk about. As in Did you see that actor's hair replacement..? It's so obvious in 4k ! ! !

I think Airieo Is a scam... I've seen the micro dime sized antennas Funny, how many of us would get good reception with a dime sized antenna even if we lived next to the transmitter...? Wavelength anyone....? I think it's a representation of an antenna for each user, and does not take the signal off each antenna and route it to each individual end user.... I think they are a scam in that respect. They need to pay for the signal like any other mass distribution network that is not OTA from source to single end user.

As for kids, I drove a school bus for 3 years, Elementary and high school... Let me tell you those elementary kids are all X and R rated, and their parents all think they are G-Lite. This country needs to wake up to reality with everything that goes on here.... Very few live in any remote level of reality.....

Now, back to Two and a Half Men......