View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:56 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

No HDMI cable will offer "a better image", ever. It is a digital signal, so what -could- happen is, you would get an intermittent or no signal at all with a poor cable. If you get a stable video signal from an HDMI connection, it will be --perfect-- meaning that it will be -exactly- what the player is sending to your display.

I have various HDMI cables going back to 2004 here, and several 4K devices going to my 4K TV set. None of my cables have had any problems at all, and none of them are "fancy" or brand-name cables.

If your 4K player has an optical or coaxial digital audio output, I would use that (with a digital-to-analog-audio adapter box) rather than trying to adapt the second HDMI output for its audio signal. But, maybe that will work, too, with an HDMI-to-analog-audio adapter box (is that your "$10 Walmart device"?).

Also, many TV sets can accept HDMI video in and then also send digital audio out -their- optical or coaxial audio connectors, giving you what you want with the same adapter box I mentioned above.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."