View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

7S363 Addendum

I'm the owner of the aforementioned Zenith. Walter did an outstanding job on the electronics. I did the "legwork" in finding the replacement parts, schematic and etc. It was my insistence that he purchased the solid-state 6X5 rectifier replacement. He was hesitant to fabricate a 1N4007 rectifier adapter and other modifications. I paid the price and it was well worth it.

BTW An antenna is essential to making these radios perform. A simple wire antenna dangled behind the chassis just won't hack it. Try hum, interference and no reception. I purchased and installed a CCrain twin-coil antenna. Granted, it only works on AM (BCB). Obviously, the shortwave bands will require a different (outside) antenna. With four other shortwave radios (Panasonic RF-2200, Zenith Transoceanic 7000-1, Radio Shack DX-160 and Ten-Tec RX-320D, the 7S363 is low on the totem pole and destined for DX on AM and it shines there! 1940's and 50's programs sound neat. This vintage Zenith shows just how good AM used to sound.