View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Motorola Minion

Thanks for the feedback guys. I too am working up to tackling my Webcor units

I made two mistakes when reassembling the Motorola-branded changer from a 1962 Motorola Stereophonic Console. I want to sell this unit as working flawlessly.

1. When removing the spindle plunger as SOP for disassembly, the ball got lost - this disabled the record drop function. The spindle itself was so full of gunk and the ball stuck inside, falling out silently and rolling to parts unknown under my bench.

2. The idler wheel was slipping and rubber was pretty hard on both motor and platter tires, so I decided I would invest $40 in a rebuilt from Gary at V-M. When I reassembled it, the speeds were wrong. Checking vertical alignment of the idler, it was between steps on the motor. It was then I realized I needed to put both standard and spring washers on the idler shaft first only the c-clip goes on top.

3. Here's the best one: The record mat was misalinged on the platter and covered the 10-inch record detection "button", which made it think there was a 7" when I play 33s - this may be your issue, colectorad

I used the exploded view of a V-M 1244 -sams set 646- to figure it out but having a second {working} changer is priceless.