View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 01:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
L would have been the 1964 model year introduced in late 1963 (like car model years are).

The option code leters I don't actually remember which letter goes with which option. My 1959 Zenith had notation on the tube chart that made it obvious what letter was used for UHF and what was used for remote sets, but it's been over a decade since I looked at it and that set is covered in a mountain of junk presently.

The High Fidelity sets always had bass and treble knobs, sets without that option often had a single tone control.
Ok, thanks, I apologize for all these questions I'm trying to familiarize myself with how these old Zenith's work because while my dad's side of the family (specifically his grandparents) were big into Zenith products and thus my dad was as well I'm more familiar with the more modern Zenith sets from the 1980s and 1990s and the Zenith Radios from the 1930s-1960s, but this is my first time working on Zenith TVs from the 1950s and 1960s.

Aside from the old Meck and RCA TVs I've worked on and resurrected successfully I don't have as much experience with Vacuum Tube based TVs as I do Solid State TVs.