View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Got it together, some success some failure, mostly failure.

The set comes on now but the screen has bands of different light, one section is bright white, the others are darkish and flickering.

After about ten seconds on it started making arcing and snapping sounds so I turned it off.

Found a small connector I left unplugged, plugged it in and tried again, same thing on the screen, a little longer before it started snapping, I didn't turn it off this time, I wanted to see what was arcing, I expected it to be somewhere around my solder loints on the chip but it was actually one of the Buffer chips glowing orange and smoking, I quickly turned it off hoping to save my new YSUS chip.

Some of the other Buffer chips were pretty hot as well so I guess the buffer board is hosed, I am NOT going to try to replace those chips, the video on YouTube makes it pretty clear it's not a job for amateurs.

The screen was still lit when I shut it down, the fuse to the YSUS didn't blow, what are the chances I just need a Buffer Board now? Or should I quit while I'm not too far behind.