View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Found a nice wall mount today at the Thrift and now I have it set up in my room!
Is that "The Room" playing on that TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePC View Post
If it's a 960BF, check the surface mount fuse. Those can go bad and prevent the backlight from coming on while the rest of the display still works.
Its a SyncMaster 930MP, a combination TV/computer monitor. It powers up, but usually just gives me a blinking power LED (indicates standby). Sometimes it'll give me video. When it does work, it will never go to standby, even if the computer goes to power saving mode and cuts video output. Annoying because I like this monitor. It has SCART RGB in (rare in the USA) and its a multi system TV (takes NTSC/PAL/SECAM video input). Plus its 4:3, and supports 720p HD video (1280x1024 native panel res.).

I replaced it with a 940MW (its 1440x900 19" widescreen cousin), which also has documented cap problems. The biggest difference is that this model has the power supply built into the monitor vs. a brick. If I ever have a problem with it, the model was popular enough to market re-capping kits which are readily available on ebay.