View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got my copy off of The Boat Anchors Manual Archive (BAMA) Site, you have to download a plugin for your computer. I think it is called lizardtech djvu file viewer. but it is free. It has always worked well for me,
As for disassembling the radio, it is very complicated to remove the chassis from the case. about 4 times harder than a trans-oceanic 7000, the onboard ac power supply and connector cable is wedged around some fiberboard covers that are hard to manipulate to get to the plug-in connectors. After you get the chassis out of the case, you remove the dial to access the pushbutton contacts and the rubber bumpers that cause some bands to drop out of service. The dial is held on by 4 eyeglasses sized screws at the corners, after they are removed you can slide the dial out to one side without removing the dial strings. If this description doesn't scare you. Then repairing a rf-5000/a can be done. after you get the chassis out of the case then 1/2 of the hard part is done. Getting it all back together is the final half of the hard part. Logan
Audiokarma