View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 03:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
I learned about the ETF through my friend Jerome in 2010. I’m in the Phoenix area and getting up there in age. I get severe pains in my chest from being doubled up in the cramped airline seats, so I don’t go to the convention. I’ve watched the stream every year and have a few suggestions about the auction.

1. Get a wi-fi extender to improve the signal. They are cheap. Lots of buffering and drop outs.

2. Definitely agree that everyone should be seated once the auction starts. It seems that most folks have ample time to inspect the sets they are interested in prior to auction start. Standing up and following the auctioneer blocks the view for everybody.

3. The camera operator should be able to pan, scan and zoom without obstruction.

Reading the “behind the scenes” preparation on this thread was informative and sounds like controlled chaos. I saw the auctioneer was rushed to maintain the timeline of the Saturday schedule with so many items to be auctioned off.

I think everyone did a great job this year as always. Remember it’s all volunteer work.

I’m so sorry I can’t be there, maybe one year I will. I do what I can in my own way to help the museum and our hobby.

Last edited by etype2; 05-08-2018 at 03:42 PM.