View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 08:17 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt1803 View Post
Drilling a hole through the living room wall and running a wire out to a tree 150 feet away is not practical plus it might result in a few divorces.
Why drill a hole? Run an insulated wire out a window. Do it in the back yard where neighbors and wife have less to complain about in the curb appeal department....

If the back side pf your roof is below the peak run the wire across the back of your roof below the peak....Better yet tension it between two posts there.

I had a long wire in my back yard in a fancy neighborhood with strict codes, and no body (not even my mom) gave me any guff over it......Well one of my asshole teenage friends did take down the tree end as a prank.

I'd have one now if it were not for a tree half falling in the path I'd chosen. The damn thing is still alive and propped up at a funny angle by the tree I want to run the wire to.

Radio shack used to sell and may still sell a rather AWESOME longwire kit.....That thing would give any receiver (even cell phones in remote woods) a mind blowing improvement in performance. Worth every penny and ounce of effort to erect it to any serious radio user.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4