View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

I just thought I'd put in a comment or two.

I have had my ham license for 62 years and the hobby keeps getting better. I have a very nice setup, legal limit of power, nice antennas, and so on. I operate CW, SSB, AM, PSK, packet, RTTY, SSTV, and anything else that comes by. I was in MARS for years and am now joining again - Army before, Navy this time. I was a volunteer examiner for a while.

I have a nice lab where I do repairs and building. I do have an EE degree but there are things you can't learn in school. Last night on 20 meters I had a nice conversation with a guy in Israel. Last weekend I attended a party and met some cool guys and saw some cool stuff and even took home some gear.

I admit having disdain for CB. Back in the day, I was on 11 meters but at that time it was a ham band. I have an impressive list of gear I have used over the years, nearly every brand, tube and solid state. I still remember the pin connections on many tubes and many of the hams I have worked over the years.

Right now I'm looking for a small auxiliary tower to support the WARC beam I designed and built. I like the WARC bands because they give me a break from the contests that mess up my hobby on most weekends. I hate contests so much that I won't even do Field Day.

If anyone has any questions I might be able to answer, shoot! 73 from California.