View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi to all,

@Scott-Est:
Yes, buying a RCA CC-030 or CKC-021 just to get the viewfinder is an expensive proposition in terms of shipping. You pay for a useless camera + a big shipping bag + an even bigger box to house everything.
Most E-Bay sellers don't understand "ship the VF, keep the rest".

I sent you the complete CKC-021 data to your private Mail address in 4 separate Mails. I hope you received them OK.

VF resolution & color quality:
a B&W VF has an extremely fine electron beam + a continuous screen phosphor deposit so the picture is much sharper than a color screen with discrete dots or stripes. This is why up to very recently Broadcast cameras always had a B&W viewfinder. Cameramen have always been very wary of producing out of focus pictures because the VF's resolution was too coarse.

NTSC output from a DVB-T or Sat digital demodulator: you see the best and the worst! often the NTSC output will be NTSC 3.58 but with 625/50 scan rate. A pseudo standards which reminds us of some weird signals produced by multistandard VHS machines in the past.
Also frequent: NTSC 4.43, identical to PAL but without the subcarrier alternation signal on R-Y.

@Andy: no advertising on VK seen here. I use FireFox.

Good day to all,

jhalphen
Paris/France