View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 03:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry for the diversion, but have to say I wouldn't give you 2 cents for crappy new SS appliances made in Asia. We have a 1976 Frigidaire self-cleaning range and 1976 Frigidaire 1-18 Jet action washer here, and in our summer home a 1961 fire-engine red J-304V GE range. The ranges have full porcelain cabinets, weigh about twice what a new junk new one does, have a panel with full width panel lights, and can get a 18 jar pressure canner boiling in a few minutes flat. The FD washer is widely conceded to one of the best cleaning washers ever, and actually fills with water instead of a few cups like new ones... funny how sufficient water helps get things clean! Not water efficient but it actually cleans. Same goes for the 1971 Hobart made Kitchen Aid dishwasher, it's a hurricane in a box that can strip the chrome off a trailer hitch and do a full load in 45 minutes flat! Try that with a new one that uses teaspoons of water and takes almost 2 hours! Love me my vintage appliances!

And vintage all tube TVs of course! We do have a 1998-ish Sylvania 19" color that we paid $89.95 for on sale at Sears and has an awesome picture. Not sure who actually made it.

Last edited by SueAnders; 10-23-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Audiokarma