View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 08:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Learning How to Test Tubes with Sencore - A Few Questions

Okay, I've always been intimidated to start looking into the technical stuff, but tonight I've set out with the goal of testing a few CRTs that I've had for a while.

I have a Sencore CR7000 and I've already put it through a field test. Everything looked good except that the filament voltage could be more accurate, but I can use a multimeter to make sure that's where I want it for now.

I would like to test the tube in a BVM, but first I was going to do a couple of much cheaper TVs. I started with an old Panasonic Quintrix. The first issue I ran into was the labeling of the pins. Everything is fine except for the filament. There is no F1 and F2, just H and H. How do I know which one is F1 and F2 or does it matter?

I hoped the book would clear this up for me, but the numbers it gives for the pins do not match the ones on the neckboard. It even has a pin 10 and there is no pin 10 on this tube. Am I reading something wrong? If I can't trust the book to be right about the pins, should I trust it to be right about the settings for voltage and bias? I'd be particularly nervous of using the wrong settings when connecting to the BVM tube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quintrix Tube Specs.jpg (40.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Quintrix Tube.jpg (138.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Quintrix Neckboard.jpg (138.9 KB, 6 views)