View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 07:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Sad, but accurate. I haven't had a girlfriend since I was 12. Life has since kept me either away from half-decent gals my age, or too busy/broke to bother with a GF....It doesn't help that after my last one, the gals (and people in general) I met when I moved to central Fl were such COLOSSAL jerks that I'm barely a fraction as outgoing and friendly as I was then...Hell during/after Fl I sorta had a general categorical loathing of all humanity for a while...

My folks don't mind my collection as long as I don't damage the house, and adhere to certain spatial limitations (heck they are glad that it's kept me from getting into trouble/addiction, and primed me for the engineering degree I have)...There are clutter complaints sometimes too, but they know that when I hit or approach my limit I re-evaluate my collection and sell off the bottom 5-25% percent of things by how much I like each item...Right now they can't much complain about clutter since they are re-flooring the ground floor, and don't have a single room neater than mine...

What does really get under my skin is that I plan to have another car or two (a utility TV/car hauler/winter commute vehicle, and another classic or 2), and Mom is obsessively picky over what she will 'allow' in 'her' driveway. She hates some body styles I love, and wants me to buy some I hate (she's even tried to hustle me into buying a car she liked), and is obsessive about every aspect of condition....On top of that she is even picky about the damn color...And I will even have to show her the same damn car in a different color to get her to NOT categorically hate a make and model if the first one I show her is in a color she doesn't like... I'm an American dag nab it!...I should be able to spend MY money on whatever the hell I want, and not get a bunch of crap over it, or be TOLD how to spend my money.

Electronic M, the best thing you can do is take that engineering degree and move out. I got my mechanical engineering technology degree in 4 years and I was able to have my career started at 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 RCA Colortrak 27" Console
1987 Zenith 19" V3912W