View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:16 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Thanks for the tips and nomenclature it may be difficult for millennial and such to associate an AA4- AA5 front to final tube position to its function that you may know in your sleep that hasn't changed since ~ 1930 .

I can understand all that given that 1965 was the last AA4 tube radio for the brand at 52 yrs back which is a older than the oldest millennial by some decades .

I am lost on a lot of millennial apparatus outside of the usual stuff we all use and I remember how dreadful my first cell phone and FAX was to use
If by millennials your referring to me....Don't, I'm not like 99.9% of those around my age.

Also don't assume I'm not knowledgeable on tube radios. I've owned well over 200, worked on ~80% with a 95% success rate, and have over 130 presently...Not to mention all the tube TV work I've done.

I say vague on your pulling the first/last two in the string vs using the function names since you could be referring to the signal chain (which is a standard topology), or the heater string which does not need to be wired with the tubes in any fixed order.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4