View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I actually did most of them with the crudest tool you can picture a bent flat head driver stuck into a 1/4" socket....(later I grabbed a proper wrench for a couple of the stuck ones)....I've had years of un-powered tool hi-jinks (ever since I could hold screwdriver) and have some decent leather on my fingers....I can take out screws with my fingertips that my day would have find hard to remove using a driver.......Of course I found out yesterday that all that leather don't do a damn bit of good if it ain't where you need it when you need it...Sliced the side of my right hand just below the pinky open (needed 5 stitches) on a damn satellite DVR box I was scrapping. I did not have anything to get the stupid security screws loose and decided to pry the boards out....Would not have though the chassis was that sharp, but with enough force suddenly freed....

I wanted this extended weekend to be a a time to sort the basement and bang out some projects, and it just ended up a waste.
I should really get a good pair of work gloves and use the right tools for the job but I never learn. Right now lefty is damaged in two places; the palm took a beating scraping paint off an old table with a mini nut driver, and while digging around under the living room radiator for a lost alignment tool I found a piece of glass instead. It put quite a slice in the side of the second finger. I disposed of a used-up CRT recently and thought I had gotten all the glass but no joy.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-05-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Audiokarma