View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 PM
<----Zenith C845

I don't envy you, Bob. Moving is a lot of work. When I moved from a three-bedroom house with a basement to a one-bedroom apartment seventeen years ago, it took me the better part of a year just to get settled, mainly because I had brought a lot of stuff with me from the old house. Much of that wound up in the trash area behind my apartment. The place looked nice enough when I moved in, since I had gotten all new furniture which was already in place when I got here, but the cleanup, not to mention it taking another year (!) to get used to living in this area (Fairport Harbor, Ohio, where I live now, is a village of about 3100 population, thirty miles east of Cleveland but not considered a suburb of the city; I came here from the Cleveland suburb of Wickliffe, which is a city of 15000+ population when I moved here--it's a lot less now) took quite a while, as I mentioned.

It looks as if you will have your work cut out for you when you move into your new home, with all your furniture (unless you are buying all new furniture, as I did), not to mention your antique/classic/vintage TVs and radios and all. If you are going to use one bedroom of the house to store your collection, however, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma