View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for all of your responses.

I am currently in the process of recapping the P/S board as doing this seems to have the highest rate of success for fixing this particular problem on this model and other Samsung flat screens. All of the electrolytics are getting replaced. I saw no bulging/leaking caps during the visual inspection and only one cap (22uF/450V) out of all of them had a high but still within spec ESR value. The rest measured very low ESR.

I have read tons of posts on this problem and the only other failure was an intermittent solder connection on a transistor near the output connector to the Main board that re-flowing the connection fixed. Have not checked this on my P/S board yet but will soon. I am waiting for a 680uF/35V cap to arrive from Mouser. I mis-read/made an assumption that the five small yellow caps were all 1000uF/25V caps. Turns out one was a 680uF/35V cap. I did see where one user ran into the same issue and couldn't find a 680uF cap and instead, installed a 1000uF/25V cap with no ill effects and fixed his flat screen. Not sure I want to do that without knowing it is safe to do so.

I did do a cursory visual inspection of the electrolytic caps on the Main and LED boards but didn't notice any bulging or leaking caps there.

I inherited this Flat Screen from my brother in 2010 pretty much new in box and it has worked flawlessly up until about the beginning of this year when it started doing the random shutdowns and relay clicking. Hence, I thought it worth the time and minimal expense to try and fix.

If this does not correct the problem, I will concede it is time to replace it and yes, with an LG.

Last edited by slipstream55; 06-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Audiokarma