View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Old TVs are better!

Just to let you guys know why there hasn't been any more progress of restoring this 21CT55, CTC2 1954 color. I hurt my back moving a heavy piece of equipment about a month and a half ago, and I've been sort of laid up as far as getting things done. I herniated (sliped disc) in my back and it causes me a lot of back pain, and also burning pain down my legs. I have been taking pain pills and steroids for it, and also got shots of cortisone into my spine, which have helped, and also doing certain exercises to get my back into shape again. The spine doctor seems to think everything can get me back to near normal without doing risky surgery. Also have been seeing a Chiropractor. I do have the chassis removed and cleaned up, tested the tubes, (4 bad), and ohmed out the convergence transformer which has continuity on all of the windings, which is a good thing. It seems as if nearly all the white coated peaking coils are open so have to find the values and order them. Next is ordering the necessary caps, and other parts, as I am getting back into action. I sure hope I can get a good picture on this set when everything gets done. I believe it will be an on going (probably a 2 year) project.