View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Atari 2600/4 switch/wood grain. Only the second Atari I've ever owned. It's rather interesting how I got it.

I originally got an Atari in the early 80's from my parents. It only included Combat at the time and Pac-Man was sold separately. I played the heck out of that thing. I wound up burning out a capacitor in the thing after leaving it on for a week or two solid. I have the game Towering Inferno (based on the movie) and there is a certain point you can just keep playing no matter what (it may be a certain difficulty level, I really don't remember). I didn't want to quit the game so I left it going for like a week or two. I replaced the capacitor but the picture was funky after I did.

About that time a friend of mine decided to sell her and her hubby's Atari. Her dad worked for the trash company and had found two NES's in the trash and took them home to them. Actually that is how they found the Atari as well, along with about 20 games and a case. For $20 I got the Atari, the games and the case. I turned around and sold one game, Tapper, on eBay for $15 so in essence I gave $5 for the system. I have about 150 or so games for it. It's hooked up to my 55" LG LED but I need new joysticks.

I have an NES that my ex-wife had a fit to have at a flea market along with a handful of games. I've replaced the connector inside several times and they keep going out. One of these days I'll order another one and get it fired up again.

I have an SNES that a former coworker gave me that was in her shed. I've got a handful of games for it also.

I have a Wii in the bedroom that I've never played. Hooked it up after I got it and never could get the controllers to sync. I've got it put aside for some day when I'm bored lol.