View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
I agree with Dvae that $40. should be top dollar if dealing with fair minded people. I agree that many people skim the pages of this site and see what they want to see and believe they have something worth 100 times more than it is. I agree that if u can't find one anywhere 100 could be a low price but I recommend Daves approach to possibly get a fair price even if no others are around. At any day there could be 2 or 3 to choose from right after u buy it. However, I am sure it is worth going to look at and explain to the buyer all relevant points and most likely they will let u peek inside the cabinet and HV cage at the very least if they are in any way a decent person with half a mind or better. I think the fact that set exists after all the use it apperas to have had indicates a strong likelyhood it could have a new flyback and very good if not newish CRT.
I hope somebody can get to it to help avoid losing a new flyback and or picture tube. Even if you dont have room for the whole cabinet that I think looks pretty nice, you could save the parts and throw the cabinet in the trash (save some wood veneer for repairing other cabinets) which is much better than the whole thing being trashed which is most likely what will happen to it. I wish I could go get it.
no offense intended jeffs i put this here jus hopin my words are seen to get somebody to get the parts at the least cause i got a feeling that set is worth it. jus seems to be a logical likelyhood