View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
really important to turn brightness down (is this that same set?) setup the focus to get as small a dot as possible, setup in a dim light. Use a hand held mirror standing behind the set dont shock your self to get the center and adj the static. you hold the mirror up close to the screen center while standing behind and adj the magnets.

Its a PITA to do it this way but its the only as you need to get a real close look as you go.
Yeah, it's the same set. I think I should get the G2s set properly before I do the center convergence again. I have a full size mirror, but are you saying I should put one hand on the convergence knob, lean over the top of the set and look into a hand mirror that's up close to the screen? How about a magnifying mirror up close to screen and I stand behind the TV and adjust? Or will the magnifying mirror distort the dot?

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650