View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 12:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

CRT Cameras: Tube Replacement / CCU Interchangeability

Hi there!

Thanks for letting me in. I知 a new member, but you guys have helped me a lot in several occasions in the latest years. I知 glad to have the opportunity to now ask for your help and leave the information for those in the future, looking for the same questions.

So, I致e been interested in CRT cameras and i recently got a Ikegami ITC 730A. I have some basic notions of electronics, but i知 just a curious newbie. I have a question for you fellows who may have some experience with analog video cameras.

1- TUBE REPLACEMENT : It seems the blue tube needs to be replaced. There is some blue spots in the image. Is it only possible by using the exact same tube model? The manual tells it uses 2/3" saticon II H8399B tubes. I found some CRT online but not this one. Would it be possible to replace it to some similar model in the same size maybe?

2 - CCU INTERCHANGEABILITY : I found out another affordable CRT camera, a Panasonic NewVicon Omnipro. This one looks like new but needs to be controlled and powered only with a Camera Control Unit. Now i知 figuring out if these CCU cables are/were pinned out differently for each brand, model, etc or if i could acquire some CCU and a CCU cable and use in both/any cameras.

This is a new subject for me and i haven稚 found much information about it. I値l appreciate any help or opinion.
Thanks for your time.