View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 12:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK, so I've pretty much replaced every single tube in the TV except the Vertical Output/Vertical Oscillator Tube which is a 6LU8 tube which I unfortunately do not have in my stash, and the Color Output Tube which is a 6MD8 tube, both of which are compactron tubes and both of which I do not have access to in my tube stash; this is odd because all of the other tubes in this TV I had at least one or more of in my tube stash, and most of them were Sylvania branded tubes ironically enough.

Unfortunately all I'm able to get the TV to do right now is to do a barber pole effect when I have the color turned on, and the vertical isn't locking in at the right frequency, its running at half frequency right now (where the picture is showing a bar in the middle and the top half of the screen shows up at the bottom and the bottom half shows up at the top half of the screen.)

I've tried adjusting the height and linearity controls on the back and it doesn't seem to help much (which is why I'm thinking the Vertical output and oscillator tube is either weak or bad.)

I'm guessing that the barber pole effect (the color not locking in) is either due to a bad color output tube, a bad 3.58 MHz Crystal, or the color demod transistors are bad.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 08-10-2023 at 01:01 AM.