View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Not true. I use a TNC modem for digital currently....a Kantronics KAM Plus. About the least expensive PACTOR modem you can get that actually still works on modern digital traffic systems.

I don't personally care for that hokey microphone connection for digital, so I bought a SignaLink USB that will hook into the data port on my TS-450. Yeah, it's kind of the same thing in a way, but it's not. I just wanted to upgrade my system to 21st century tech for digital as the KAM modems are old enough to drink alcohol. It just came in the mail Friday, and I've had a busy weekend so I plan to play with that over the next couple days.

I just put up an HF vertical, a Hy-Gain AV-18AVQII and the jury's still out on that one. I have to pull it down this afternoon to make a couple repairs to the guying that got damaged in a recent windstorm.

You can see pics on my antenna on my QRZ page, N2LCJ. The pics are 6 months old....I really have to get in there and update them.

My antenna pics are there as well. I've worked the world with these. Awesome setup and the easiest install ever, in any sort of conditions:

https://www.k1cra.com/ProductDetails...de=HAMINATORJR