View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
roundie not so n00b

Colour roundie SCORE

Well today must have been my lucky day.

A while back they stuck the lady next door in a home, and some of her relatives recently moved into the house and have been cleaning stuff up. From when I was a little kid I remembered she had an old colour roundie, and a bunch of disposable plastic cased TVs. Today they had a garage sale and were packing up stuff, I snagged a neato coffee maker and I asked if any of the TVs were still around, the lady was like "lol yes we have one but we're just going to throw it away, it's too old" and i was all OMGWTF. So I went and there was the roundie, unfortunatley they had put it on a cart and probably jarred it pretty hard. The lady said that it worked, they had plugged it in before. So it seemed it passed the smoke test.

I think it has a hybrid chassis, I saw the PC board traces through a vent in the bottom, and I saw the warm glow of tubes through the vents in the back. Anyway, i was afraid it was just going to be audio only. But snow came up and it has a picture The only things i noticed is that it has some pink gaussing spots on the left and right sides of the picture; and when placed in SERVICE mode, the horizontal line has some minor registration errors on the right side - but the line was so SHARP. I could tell the individual "pixels" or "phosphor dots" in the misregistered lines!! Plus I think the switch is dirty. It would collapse to single line, then expand to full picture, then drop down to horizontal. Only in SERVICE mode, normal is fine.

I didn't get any pictures, but it's a philco-ford roundie :d

Another idea.....instead of expensive anti-psychotic drugs, let's provide schizophrenics with dummy bluetooth headsets. They'll easily blend into the crowd, although I suspect their "conversations" would be far more rational than those of the typical Wal-Mart shopper.

Ron