View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Welcome to AK. If you let us know your location by updating your profile, it will be a HUGE help to any party that might be interested.

First of all, I'm assuming you mean the CT-100, which was from about 1954, has a huge cabinet with a 15 inch screen and the "Rca Victor" Logo on what looks like a "pencil box" front panel door? I've not heard of the CTC-100. The CTC series that had three digits were manufactured in the late 80s and later.

The CT-100 is a very valuable thing to the right collector. I'm sure the Early Television Museum wouldn't mind another one for their collection, especially if the CRT is still under vacuum. Unless the set has been completely restored I would not operate in its current condition due to the rare and un-replacable parts that could go up in smoke if a failure occurs. There are lots of television collectors here that would like a CT-100, but they would have to be local to you due to the cost of freight and the fragile nature of the CRT.

Boxes and boxes of tubes really don't have a huge selling point unless they are pre WW2 or for simple hetrodyne radios. Also, brown base military spec tubes sell for a little money, but don't expect to get hundreds of dollars.

The top loader VCRs are good reliable things if all the rubber idler tires and belts are replaced. They don't have a market and only a few are interested in them. Its mostly for people who are into late 70s and early 80s stuff to go with a set of that same time frame.

If you can upload a photo of your CT-100 or your collection for that matter, I myself and others here would love to see it.