View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoogarXR View Post
That reminds me of a cougar I spotted one day. (80s cougars are my thing, heh). Anyway, it was a perfect 83, no rust, 5.0. It was just sitting in a driveway with 4 flat tires. I stopped and talked to the guy, he said it belonged to a guy who died and he couldn't get the title. He put a jump pack on it and it started right up. He said he'd try to get the title and he would sell it to me. Well, I stopped there about once a week for about 3 weeks. I wonder if I wore out my welcome. I came back on week 4 and it was gone and he wouldn't answer the door. Coincidentally I had to go to the junk yard that week, and there it was, crushed in the middle of a stack. Oh that made me wanna puke. What a waste. Even with no title that would have been an excellent parts car, even for the junk yard to part out! But they do that all the time, smash them immediately without even putting them in the yard. That kind of keeps with the theme of this thread, useless scrapping of otherwise good things.
I'd say some of us are past due for opening specialty junk yards with a large portion dedicated to older cars. Newer stuff for the fools who have to have the latest of everything, just to keep the business running, the rest for our preferred customers and ourselves.