View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 03:06 PM
David Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Well yesterday I decided to do a "process of elimination" on my antenna....I disconnected the coax and hooked it up to my mag mount antenna stuck on a second story a/c window shaker, and everything's good....it was the used J-pole just like I thought.

Gonna order up a Tram 1481 antenna to put atop of the mast and get rid of the useless directional DTV antenna. Instead, I'm gonna get one of these for DTV:

https://www.amazon.com/Lava-HD-8000-.../dp/B00EPP1CNU

The only thing I'm not sure of is if I mount it just below the ground plane of the 2m antenna, if there's a such thing as TVI with a DTV signal.....
Yes, there is. I have a fifth wheel camper I leave on a permanent site in the mountains. I've got a big VHF/UHF antenna and a 4-bay UHF bowtie array at 35' on one end of the camper, and a 5/8 wave ground plane at 20' on the other end of the camper. When I key up my 2 meter radio with anything more than 5 watts, the TV blanks out.

However, you might not have the problem I do if you have a strong HDTV signal. The TV signals at my camper are very weak across the board and is reflected from many angles due to the terrain.