View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 05:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigott View Post
I'm looking over the parts and I see it has 2 diodes for M1 & M2. Can I use some 1N4007 or 1N5408 diodes instead?
I believe that these are "top hat" style germanium diodes mounted on a pair of heat sinks in a clever assembly, pn 34-8047-1. I decided to leave mine alone and address failure if/when it occurs.

Quote:
Also M3 is listed as a selenium rectifier and it has 3 legs and is encapsulated. Should I replace that too?
This little potted horiz AFC diode assembly has been replaced on my set... horizontal is stable, so I am leaving that alone, as well.

Quote:
I pulled the CRT with the chassis as 1 piece out of the cabinet. Then t it from the chassis.
Removed chassis and tube together as you suggested, needed to get the angle just right to clear antenna mount (removed speaker first). Replaced under chassis caps, and used a 48 ohm 20 watt WW resistor in the heater string.

Pix looks good, audio is somewhat buzzy depending on screen content... my Zenith DTV converter produces less buzz. Will watch for a couple of hours tonight before putting it back in the cabinet.

Likely I will mount a fuseholder in the area above the rectifier assembly this afternoon, before extended viewing (still have orig electrolytics).

Thanks for your help,
jr

Last edited by jr_tech; 05-17-2017 at 05:38 PM.